The CRITTER GUARD product line consist of: Line guard, and Pole Guard, both of these systems are defined by one characteristic, NO ACCESS. Two products designed for years of service in all weather conditions. We are prideful of the durability and performance of this unique product line - Injection molded of heavy-duty polypropylene, highly resistant to environmental stress cracking and weathering, and of course UV protection to maintain color quality.
Current major applications for the LINE GUARD and POLE GUARD include:
- Preventing access into substations via overhead lines and feeders;
- Protecting your more expensive distribution equipment such as reclosures, gang and pole-top switches.
Wildlife Outage Protection - Built to Last
Critter Guard, Inc. products are designed for years of effective service, in all weather conditions. The rollers, wheels and clamps are injection molded of heavy-duty polypropylene with a UV Resistance additive. The Rural Utilities Service (RUS) granted certification for the Line Guard on their Acceptable Materials List. The Line Guard is one of only three wildlife guards certified by this agency. Read more about RUS.
Polypropylene is very resistant to environment stress cracking and weathering, and has an estimated lifespan of 20 years. To help resist discoloring and fading, ultra violet protection is incorporated into the color chips.
- CRITTER GUARD products are an excellent system of protection for substations & distributions systems.
- Critter Pole Guard and Line Guard effectively control squirrels, possums, roof rats and other pests, and provide an excellent cost-effective solution for utility companies and their customers.
- Both products can be installed in minutes, with virtually no down time or inconvenience to the customer.
- Worker overtime can be reduced up to 60% by eliminating squirrel damage.
- Utility companies can offer homeowners an economical solution to squirrel and other pest problems.
- Homeowners eliminate uninsured pest damage.
- CRITTER GUARD testing has shown our products to be safe for animals, providing a positive environmental solution to a very human problem.
- Better service to industrial and residential customers by greatly reducing power outages.
Find a sales representative near you